This position is a full-time position which offers plenty of opportunity for remote work, with head office based in Paarl.
We are looking for an experienced QA Manager to oversee the activity of the quality assurance
department and staff, developing, implementing, and maintaining a system of quality and reliability testing
for the organizations products and/or development processes.
The Software QA Manager will be responsible for the overall strategy of quality. Including creating and
maintenance of a testing environment, building a team to test the software manually and automatically.
Participate in scoping and discovery. Establish a solid department that works together with software to
produce successful applications and experiences.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Create automated tests to identify software problems
- Create process for functional, regression, and load testing
- Analyse bugs and errors found during tests
- Document results of tests for the software development team
- Recommend improvements in software to enhance user experience
- Motivate the development process for efficiency and performance
- Works together with software developer to enhance and improve programs
- Research and compare similar competitor products
- Maintain updated knowledge of industry trends and advancements
- Manage QA Testers via Mentorship, Daily Direction and Training
- Other standard manager responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed here are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Experience in software development and testing
- Management experience required
- Proficiency in computer technology and programming languages
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Solid understanding of modern software development life-cycle
- Experience with Jira and Github a plus
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Great team player and ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision
ADDITIONAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required.
Please email your CV to email@example.com if you are interested in the position.